#1 pg. 1014) I believe that these illustrations are extremely frightening but also exaggerated at the same time because I feel that in every single photo or expression on any person's face in these illustrations, there is some type of worried or frustrated facial expression. The depictions of the family members and the director in these illustrations almost show an extremely exaggerated but frightened emotion in their faces almost as if it were the end of the world. The illustrations depict so much confusion and scared attitudes that they seem like they are living through an end-of-the-world scenario. However, it is not an end of the world scenario but its just a guy who turned into a bug.
#4 pg.1018) I think Kafka is more sympathetic toward Gregor because I feel that the other author's illustrations that show Gregor's confusion and frustration provide a much worse scenario for Gregor than does Kafka's writing. Kafka uses slight words with out much exaggeration and it acts more sympathetic to Gregor's incident. Gregor doesn't want to be depicted as this confused, scary insect like all of the illustrations of Mairowitz, Crumb, and Kuper depict him as. Kafka is the only one who describes Gregor in a description in writing that doesn't give too much detail on how much he is scaring his family and the people around him.
No comments:
Post a Comment