Thursday, September 16, 2010
Another Sample Essay Read
For this third time of reading Sample essays on how Austen and Greene introduce characters, I chose D, E, and F, and I thought actually F for foxglove was the best essay. This essay was the best because it clearly explained the foiling of the characters in which Austen clearly tries to present through her novel. I also like how this essay gave clear examples and in the introduction paragraph gave examples of contrasting foils so that the reader is not confused on who the actual foils are. The only part that I do not like about this essay is the last sentence which is probably the weakest sentence of the essay. Going into deeper analysis of the essay, the introduction sentences of each paragraph is great in telling exactly who Foxglove will talk about and why this character is important when describing the foils of each character. I also like the third paragraph in which Foxglove discusses the foil of Mr. Bingley and Mr. Darcy, because I think this is very important in the novel. I believe Austen tries to emphasize how Mr. Bingley and Mr. Darcy are key characters in the novel and sometimes the reader may not understand exactly how these characters are foiled, but Foxglove cleared the confusion of the novel in his essay.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment