Sunday, October 31, 2010
Performance Choices
In my read of a couple lines in the play, I chose to read Act 2 Scene II around line 250 where Hamlet, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are having a conversation and Hamlet finds it suspicious that these characters would come to talk to Hamlet out of the blue just to visit with them. Then Hamlet realizes that they have been sent by the King and Queen to come spy on Hamlet, and he tells them that he knows why they are there. The performance choices Matt Arrow and I made in this short passage is that we acted so that Hamlet had a tonal change around 255 in which right when he say's, "Were you not sent for? Is it your own inclining? Is it a free visitation?" In these lines I was acting for hamlet and I made it so he sounded like he was questioning Guildenstern and Rosencrantz, and I acted like I knew why they were there. Matt Arrow also changed his tone when he was playing Guildenstern and Rosencrantz, because they finally realized that Hamlet knew they were sent by the King and Queen but they weren't sure why they were sent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment